Friday, August 21, 2015

Princess Persephone Celestia Rose Amblecrown





I can’t believe this! Could they really be going through with it? I thought they loved me! This is no way to treat your only precious child. Nor is it any way to treat a princess!

When my parents, King and Queen Rodrick and Tabathina Amblecrown, first told me I’d be going away for a year, I thought maybe they were sending me on a vacation to our castle on the beach. But NO! Apparently, since I am now 19, I must begin to learn how to act like a “proper, dignified, wise and worldly queen”. I’m very proper, I’m extremely dignified, and I’m the wisest princess I know!! Plus, why do I need to know about the world when everything that really matters is already right here in Blackplane? 


But, here I am. One week into my “learning experience” and I’m HATING it. At first, I thought they were bluffing, so when they bid me farewell at the gates, I decided I was just going to stand my ground and wait them out. I’m very  good at standing my ground. Once, when I was five, I held my breath until my face turned purple and my parents finally got me my own unicorn. Anyway, I had no intention of leaving the kingdom for a year, and I yelled over the gates that they might as well let me back in because this was just going to be a big waste of their time and I wasn’t going anywhere. I stood, and stood, and stood, and yelled, and yelled, and stood at those gates all night. Finally, in the morning, the gate creaked open. But it wasn’t my parents! It was their huntsman. “Sorry your majesty, I’m following the King’s orders and I’m doing this for your own good.” That’s when he threw a dark bag over my head, tied me up and placed me in the back of a coach. We rode for what must have been two days, and he finally released me, completely disoriented, at the edge of a town. At least he left me some food and coin before he rode off. “Wait!!!! I don’t even know where I am!!! Come back here!”

3 comments: